November 13, 2003

"she wants a man around the house"- the mendoza line
A few times a year I stand up here and I advise immoral, unethical and occasionally downright illegal means be taken by you, the precious reader, to procure a record. Tonight I advise you to go without eating, sleeping and perhaps even drinking until you score Mendoza Line's Poems to a Pawnshop. The good Dr. seeded my little rock cloud with this platter and the band's Like Someone In Love via the US Mail today, and I have to say that this is even better than I had guaged during a single listen while commuting to NYC one day. The few of you out there enrolled in my need-based musical development program will be receiving a copy of this in the coming weeks (gotta keep the free rock karma flowing). The record will not disappoint.

No comments: